As people age, their bones tend to lose density and become more brittle, which can lead to an increased risk of fractures and other bone-related problems. A balanced diet that is rich in nutrients is important for maintaining bone health. However, many people do not consume enough of these nutrients through their diet alone, which is where bone health supplements can come in to help bridge the gap.
It is also recommended to begin taking these supplements in early life laying down the foundation of strong bones. They are of course very important in mature adults and are also advised for young adults.
Bone health supplements are generally safe for most adults and can be beneficial for people with deficiencies in certain nutrients, as well as those who are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis. However, it's important to choose a high-quality supplement that contains clinically proven ingredients and to follow the recommended dosage.
Just Calcium and Vitamin D are not enough for strong and healthy bones. Other vitamins, minerals and micronutrients like boron, magnesium, potassium, Zinc, Silica etc. are also needed. The dosages of all the ingredients must also be as per the ICMR standards for Indian adults. Consumption of too much calcium and other minerals can prove to be detrimental.
It is important that one chooses a holistic formulation like the Pura Vida Bone Support Tablets, that have been formulated by doctors and pharma experts keeping in mind all aspects of bone health, body mechanisms, ideal dosages, efficacy & safety. These unique ‘Bone Support’ tablets also have a botanical ingredient ‘Cissus Quadrangularis’ that has been extensively studied and scientifically proven to support Bone health.
Most Important Nutrients Required for Bone Health
If you want to know how to get strong bones and maintain healthy bones, below are a list of nutrients that support Bone Health & Strength.
1. Calcium is an essential mineral for bone health, as it makes up a large portion of bone tissue. Adequate calcium intake is important for maintaining bone density and preventing osteoporosis, a condition characterised by decreased bone mass and increased risk of fractures.
2. Vitamin D is also important for bone health, as it helps the body absorb calcium. Inadequate vitamin D levels can lead to poor bone density and an increased risk of fractures.
3. Bamboo Silica is a plant-based source of silicon, which is a mineral that is essential for the formation of collagen and other components of bone tissue.
4. Cissus Quadrangularis Extract is a traditional Ayurvedic medicinal plant. It can be used in many cases as traditional treatment and in recent years, it has been evaluated for its potential health benefits, such as the positive effect of fracture healing process, weight loss, bone health and it also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity effects.
5. Boron is a mineral that has been shown to play a role in bone health by increasing the metabolism of calcium and magnesium, as well as reducing the breakdown of bone tissue.
6. Vitamin K2 is essential for the proper formation of bone tissue and for the activation of osteocalcin, a protein that is responsible for depositing calcium into bone.
7. Copper and Zinc are essential minerals that are involved in collagen formation, which is a key component of bone tissue. They also have antioxidant properties that may help protect bone cells from damage.
8. Manganese is an essential mineral that is required for bone growth and the development of bone tissue. It also helps the body process other minerals, such as calcium and phosphorus, which are important for bone health.
9. Vitamin C helps the body form collagen, which is a major component of bones, it also has antioxidant properties that may help protect bone cells from damage.
So, be informed and consume supplements if a balanced, healthy & nutritious diet is difficult to maintain everyday. Take care.